Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 22, 2010

Time to Fire this State Farm Agent

"We have State Farm, and we had our agent out not to long ago to get all of our life insurance and update plans and such, we asked him about our beware of dogs signs and the no trespassing signs, we were told the more the better, I was telling him the situation where the bible person came to the front door and since he didnt get an answer he walked in my backyard, knowing I as just out back with Cash unleashed, he did not know he wouldnt bite him, but he took the chance and avoided my no trespassing signs and beware of dog signs I have on my front door and posted on each side of the driveway headed into my back yard, and NO they cant be missed.

I was worried because if one of my dogs would have bit him I would be sued, True my agent said, but also he was trespassing and by law he would have lost, now be it a small child thats a different story.. so I leave my signs up and will continue to do so, if he had told us that it was a bad idea and they should be removed I would have done so.. My neighbor hates large dogs of any breed but yet they own the business at the corner and they have high gates with a big steel sign that says "warning Guard Dog in Duty" and a doberman on the sign... funny thing about it, he always forgets to close the other gate that goes onto the property
"

First off posting a sign fully admits to your awareness of having a dangerous dog.  A landlord is more likely to loose a case if they rent to a tenant whom they know has a dangerous dog, then if they were plain ignorant about it.

Second as an insurance professional if someone is concerned enough to post a sign and does so, then it's a red flag to me, I'll find a different person to insure.  Dog bites are one of the largest liabilities that insurance companies pay out for.  If an agent wants to sell you more policies (as noted with the life insurance) and is not worried about their business for the long haul, do you really want them giving you personal insurance advice for the long term?

Third, the agent is clearly ignorant enough to give legal advice. Their not a lawyer, and should not pretend to be so.

Shame on this agent, they would have taken the signs down had they said something, for this clients sake, I hope this agent has good Errors and Omissions insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment